Below are a few tips I found while searching the internet. If you have any to offer send me an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Contact link above.
- To get an exact line on an uneven wall use a pencil inside of a washer.
- Extracting a screw with a stripped head use a rubber band on the head.
- To repair a hole in wood that is too big use a golf tee.
- If you need to hammer a small finishing nail hold it with a pencil eraser.
- Choose a matching color crayon to fill nail holes.
- Use tape when gluing joints together for a cleaner result.
- Run wires from the ceiling using hooks to avoid tripping on them.
- Use a straw on glued pieces to remove any excess.
- Remove a nail with missing head just use a claw hammer under a vise grip pliers.
- Eliminate scratches and marks on wood using walnuts.
- Run screws thru soap to before using in wood to avoid stripping.
- Wrap tape around screws to hold them in place for hard to reach areas.
- Use tape when applying wood putty for a cleaner finish.
- Instead of using a container to mix epoxy, make a mixing area using painters tape.
- Use vinegar to thin old wood glue
Below are a few sites that also have a lot of tips.